The fitness industry across Australia has become extremely competitive over the past 10 years. Since 2005 the number of registered fitness facilities have increased over 300% with masses of boot camps, CrossFit, Yoga, Pilates, boxing studios, Zumba, Personal Training and gyms popping up all over the place, particularly on the Gold Coast. Council estimates it will be handing out more than 1000 permits to Personal Trainers just to train clients in local parks this year. This is great news for users, but business owners are feeling the pinch of the saturated market.
This is where the revolutionary new enterprise Moovit comes in. Sam Warhurst and Ryan Elliott, who have 15 years between them in the fitness industry on the Gold Coast, have seen the changes and the impact on business owners directly. Moovit will launch on July 6th and will help fitness businesses in Brisbane and the Gold Coast drive more potential members through their doors.
Ryan said, “We came up with the concept for Moovit six months ago. Gone are the days where you pop down the road and join the local gym. Currently there isn’t just the local gym, there is the local bootcamp, PT studio, CrossFit box, Zumba class, boxing and MMA club, 24/7 gym and so on and so forth, all within arms length of each other, which can be overwhelming for potential new customers. We thought, what if there was a way for people to try out all the fitness facilities in their area to decide which one they enjoyed most, that fits into their lifestyle and motivated them to keep going back? Wouldn’t that be a great option? That was our light bulb moment!”
Those that hold a Moovit Membership will have access to all partnering facilities for a 30 day period. After the 30 days, the individual will then have a better understanding of what facility is right for them. Over seventy-five boot camps, CrossFit Boxes, yoga/pilates classes, gyms and functional training studios are already signed up across the Gold Coast and Brisbane, and that number is climbing daily. “The positive feedback from the amount of facilities keen to get involved is staggering. We believe this is just the tip of the iceberg,” says Ryan.
Sam, who was a part owner of Fenix Fitness Club at Nerang, said “Studies over the last few years have shown around 18% of Australians are active members of a fitness facility. Can you believe that? That’s too few in our eyes. The 30 day membership is aimed at the other 82%. We want to encourage people who don’t exercise to give it a go, try the variety of options and find one that suits them best.”
Sam and Ryan both studied Personal Training at the National Health and Fitness Academy, a Gold Coast training provider. Dave Burgis, Industry Expert and Director of National Health and Fitness Academy, is a strong supporter of Moovit Oz. He said “I think it’s going to be a big success for the industry. Once fitness providers hear about it there’s no reason they won’t want to be a part of it. At the moment things are really tough for the industry. There are a lot of providers and too many options for users. Sam and Ryan’s idea harnesses the explosion of options to encourage new users to just get in and start trying things.”
The 30 day memberships starts at just $49.95 for the month. Ryan said “The Moovit Memberships are packed full of value. Where else can you get access to over seventy-five training facilities for around the price of single gym membership?”
At the end of the day we just want to give people an option that helps them get into some form of exercise. If people are umming and ahhing about where or what they should be doing to start their fitness journey, Moovit is perfect for them to take the first step.”
To find out more about the Moovit Oz 30 Day Membership, fitness facilities and fitness professionals can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and individuals interested in trying out some facilities should visit the website at www.moovitoz.com.